Understanding the Visitor

Well, it's been a few weeks since my last post! I've been working on a lot of projects and college work, and trying to get my head around the ARToolkit
I went out to Bunratty last week giving interviews, and got a good idea on technology uses in the park and if people were happy with the amount of information they were being given.
I am planning on heading out to the Folkpark again twice this week. Tomorrow afternoon I will head out and try to get an idea of what to focus my design on. I will be taking a look at the buildings and trying to find a theme for my project, like buildings with a link or another theme to work on. I'll have an interview with people there and see how they interact with the theme that I choose, if I choose a set of buildings I'll ask them if there's enough information on items inside a building or if there know what an object is inside the building etc.
On Wednesday, I hope to bring out some of my classmates (if they'll withstand the rain for me) and give them pre and post-tour interview, and give them the same interview that I plan on giving the visitors tomorrow about the information within the Folkpark. I plan on asking them to think aloud as we wander through the buildings, I will take record what they say, hopefully this will give me some good information on their goals for the visit, and how they achieve these goals.
During the next two days that I am visiting the Folkpark, I hope to find out how skilled the visitors are at using mobile phones, as the usage if my design will be on a mobile phone. I hope to find out the goals of the visitors and what they do in the Folkpark. Once I get this information I will be forming scenarios of several visitors and what they might interact with within my 'theme'. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment